T. Owen Rassman
Partner and Co-Founder
Attorney Owen Rassman combines big firm qualifications with small firm accessibility. With degrees in tax (LL.M.), law (J.D..) and business (M.B.A..), Opelon’s co-founding attorney, T. Owen Rassman, is uniquely qualified to bridge the often overlapping areas of Trusts, Estates, & Probates. Whether you are in need of an estate plan for your family and loved ones, or are the trustee or beneficiary, Owen has the experience and qualifications to counsel you from start to finish.
At Opelon, our services extend beyond our qualifications. Owen strives to build lasting relationships. At Opelon, you will get to know your attorney and feel comfortable asking questions. That’s a promise! Estate planning is done on a flat fee basis, so questions are encouraged. Trust administration is billed hourly, but the initial consultation is free. Probate fees are set by the court. Our business model is built on providing quality service at reasonable rates. If our clients are happy, we are confident they will refer friends and family. It is as simple as that.
T. Owen Rassman is originally from Los Angeles, and still has close ties to the city, including family and his UCLA Bruins, but his heart lies in North County San Diego. When not reading up on changes to the tax code and counseling clients, Owen enjoys spending time with family, surfing in Cardiff and traveling.
- University of San Diego, School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation;
- Pepperdine University, School of Law, Juris Doctor;
- Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business, Master of Business Administration; and
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, English Literature.
- California State Bar;
- Trusts and Estates Section of the California State Bar;
- San Diego Bar Association;
- Taxation Section of the San Diego Bar Association;
- Business and Corporate Law Section of the San Diego Bar Association; and
- North County Bar Association.
- Spending time with his wife Jody and dog Nugget
- Los Angeles Lakers